6 weeks after delivery we will see you at the practice for a follow-up. Generally, the follow-up will be scheduled by the person why has guided you during delivery. Did you deliver in the hospital and were there no complications? Then the follow-up can also take place at our practice.
What do we discuss during a follow-up?
- Your experience of the pregnancy and delivery
- Your experience of parenthood
- Recovery progress; stitches, stomach muscles, pelvic floor, blood loss, urination, stool and other possible discomforts and complaints
- How is your baby doing? Feeding, growth and rhythm?
- We discuss contraceptive methods. If desired, we can prescribe the contraceptive pill or we can schedule an appointment for a hormone or copper IUD. Read more about this on our page about contraceptives.
- We would like to discuss your experience with our midwifery practice and receive feedback for improvements.