If you’re pregnant for the first time, many things come your way: everything is new. For following pregnancies, it can also be pleasant to get an overview of what you can expect from us. That is why we are happy to share our approach with you and the various contact moments and measurement moments that we offer during and after your pregnancy. This way you will know exactly what to expect.
1. First contact by phone
You are pregnant, now what? As soon as you have discovered that you are pregnant, you can contact us. This can be done by phone or by filling in this contact form, after which we will call you.
During this first contact we will ask you a number of questions about:
- Your personal details
- The first day of your last menstrual period
- The duration of your menstrual cycle
- The date of your positive pregnancy test
- The use of folic acid and vitamin D
Based on this information, we will schedule an appointment for an intake and the first (early) ultrasound at around 7-8 weeks. It is also possible to answer the first questions via the phone.
After scheduling the first appointment we will, if desired, send you an email with the appointment confirmation and information about prenatal screening.
2. An overview of follow-up appointments
These are the general contact moments:
- 4-11 weeks: the intake
- 4-11 weeks: information/counseling about prenatal screening
- 7-8 weeks: the early ultrasound
- 10-11 weeks: the first term ultrasound
3. Overview check-ups
In general, the check-up schedule looks like this:
- From the first check-up until 24 weeks: every 4 weeks (15-19-23 weeks)
- From 24-30 weeks: every three weeks (27-30 weeks)
- From 30-37 weeks: every two weeks (32-34-36 weeks)
- 30 weeks: growth ultrasound
- 32 weeks: discuss birth plan
- 34-35 weeks: location ultrasound
- From 36 weeks: every week (37-38-39-40-41 weeks)
- 40 weeks: discuss being overdue